Hi all! As I mentioned in my last blog, I’ve made a plan to get healthy again, and will be keeping the interwebs posted as a means of accountability/reason to keep it up.
…and by the way, it’s actually working.
This has been my process so far:
- Breakfast: Eggy/protein breakfast before I leave for work, usually two boiled eggs and some beans I cooked the night before.
- Lunch: A little bit of meat, and a lot of beans/vegetables (usually leftovers from dinner I cooked the night before), or Caribbean/Mexican food from down the street (plates w/ no rice or tortillas)
- Dinner: I cook a ton of delicious meat, beans, vegetables. Then I eat it.
- Saturday: Cheat day. Ate lots of bread and potatoes and BBQ sandwiches and beer.
- Notes: I actually cheated a little bit every day (oops). I also only went to the gym one day this week (I’m aiming for at least three).
- Lost 6.5 pounds (143.5 to 137)
- Lost .5″ in arms (mid-bicep)
- Lost .5″ in legs (mid-thigh)
- Lost 2.5″ in waist
- Lost 2″ in hips
- My face has lost some weight, and literally looks different.
* No, I’m not intending to sound like an infomercial, and no, I am not obsessed with my measurements. I didn’t even own a scale until a week ago. I just like seeing and tracking data, especially as motivator for change.
More Notes: I eat a lot, and continued to eat a lot this week – just of protein and vegetables instead of noodles and sandwiches. I am way less hungry, have no sharp jumps in blood sugar (crazy shaky hunger attacks and random sleepy/dizzy spells = gone), and am actually spending significantly less money on food than normal (more grocery shopping/cooking at home).
Holy shit. This is actually working.
I also just ordered some workout equipment to use at home, in addition to going to the gym. I’m not really prone to building muscle, but I’m going to try to put some muscle-y pounds on these bones.
More updates to come!